Farnham Town manager Paul Johnson can still see room for improvement for his side after they comfortably beat Epsom & Ewell 5-1 in the Combined Counties Premier Division South on Saturday to stretch their lead at the top of the table.

Town raced into a 3-0 first-half lead at The Memorial Ground thanks to Darryl Sanders’ hat-trick.

Adam Liddle made it 4-0 on 62 minutes, before George Owusu pulled a goal back for the visitors.

Owen Dean completed the scoring in stoppage time to seal Farnham’s emphatic win.

While Johnson was pleased with the result, he was unhappy with a 20-minute spell from his side in the second half.

“It’s another win ticked off,” said Johnson.

“The game was won in the first half. We were close to being really good in the first half.

“All three goals from Darryl were excellent. The header for the first one was a great finish and then he’s got two goal of the season contenders.

“The second one was excellent – no one is saving that at any level of football – but the third one, with the link up play and the composure to roll it in, was really good.

“At half-time the message was to keep going and go and kill the game – have a really good 15 minutes and then go and enjoy the last half an hour.

“I thought we started okay in the second half but then it opened up and became a basketball match. It was end-to-end with no real quality in the game.

“Whether it was the rain and the conditions – it poured down and it started getting heavy – but people started getting sloppy and the last 20 to 25 minutes wasn’t a great spectacle.

“After a good 15 to 20 minutes at the start of the second half it took us 25 minutes to make three passes and score. So that’s a little bit frustrating.

“We just needed to keep the ball. It was a really strange 20 minutes – we’ll put it down to the weather.

“I told the players it’s not good enough. If we go where we want to go – and we want to go up the levels – that just can’t happen.

“As good as we were there was a bad half hour and against good sides you’re out the game.”

Farnham are back at home this Saturday, when they will entertain Spelthorne Sports at The Memorial Ground in the Combined Counties Premier Division South (3pm).

Johnson is targeting another win to keep his side’s promotion push on track.

“Hopefully we keep picking the points up and start making a gap,” he said. “We’ve got to keep winning, keep applying the pressure and see where it takes us.”