PETERSFIELD Town manager Mark Summerhill was disappointed after his side were held to a 1-1 draw by Ringwood Town on Saturday in Division One of the Sydenhams Wessex League.

The Rams led early on thanks to Cam Smith’s goal, but they conceded an equaliser in the second half.

“We dominated the game in the first half and could have been 5-0 up by half-time,” said the Petersfield manager.

“We couldn’t get going in the second half and needed to make five or six changes if we could. We had to hold on.

“There is all to play for, but it was another little slip.

“I can’t put a positive spin on it. It was a missed opportunity to win at home. We created some really good chances.

“Ringwood weren’t in the game in the first half and were desperate to get to half-time. We could have finished them off in the first half. We had tired legs in the second half and didn’t manage the game.

“Three games in seven days was a big ask. We were hanging on in the second half. We ran out of steam.

“We made one mistake at the back and gave them one chance, and they scored it.”

Summerhill felt his side didn’t have the rub of the green when they had a penalty appeal turned down.

He said: “We should have had a penalty in the first half for a handball, and that would have given us a chance to go 2-0 up. If we scored a second goal in the first half that would have been the end of it.”

Petersfield won 1-0 at Whitchurch United last Wednesday night thanks to Matt Low’s goal, and Summerhill was targeting another three points against Ringwood.

“It’s funny as I would have been more than happy with four points out of six before the Whitchurch game,” said Summerhill. “We went to Whitchurch and put on a really good display.

“The players ran themselves into the ground. After a win at Whitchurch the spirits were high, but to go 1-0 up against Ringwood and concede a late equaliser was really deflating.

“We’re creating chances, but we’re not finishing teams off.

“I definitely would have taken four points out of six. Six would have been fantastic.

“In the first half at Whitchurch we could have been two or three up. We still had a threat in the second half.

“Our fresh legs made a difference, and we held the ball well when we had to.

“We were never under the cosh for a long period.”